Oo my first tag, thanks Jarvenpa. It's tricky though; '5 weird things about yourself'. I'm not sure what I clasify as weird but I'll give it a go...
1. I have a thing about odd numbers, I guess you could say I'm not a fan of them. If I'm eating biscuits out of a packet I have to have 2, I can't have just 1 or 3.. but I can have any multiples of 2. The same goes for the volume bar on a TV or stereo - it needs to be an even number. It weirds me out if it's not.
2. I itch my hands a lot when there's a big change happening in my life, I guess it's through being anxious. I'm not sure this is such a weird thing, but it can look pretty funny, especially when I take to blowing on my hands instead of itching.
3. I really like stationary, and therefore stationary shops.
4. I don't like going to the cinema, I get really fidgety, yet I'll quite happily sit in my room on my own and watch film after film.
5. I've always wanted to keep a diary, in the traditional sense, but whevener I've tried to put pen to paper I've never been able to write anything down. I think I'm too scared somebody might read my inner most thoughts.
Well, there's 5. Perhaps not weird per se but still. I would tag on but I don't actually know 5 other bloggers so instead I will just invite anybody who reads this page to state their 5 weird things.
// song at time of writing: Crash Into Me - Dave Matthews Band
Sunday, February 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very nice oddities! Good luck with your new job, new place, new country(which one?). I hope you will keep posting from time to time and let us know how things are going with you.
And..I really like stationery too (though I never recall whether is is stationery or stationary; for a writer I have had a horrible time with spelling), and pens, and all the oddments probably found in such stores. Round here they have all fallen to the megachains, alas. And letter writing, on actual paper, is very rare now.
Oh, county, not country!! That's what I get for reading quickly late at night when I am supposed to be doing something else. This makes so much more sense (I was, frankly, a little worried you were dashing off to someplace where you maybe didn't speak the language--but thought, okay, adventure). I'm not familiar with the area you are moving into (at least I don't think so; it has been a very long time since I was in England, and I mostly stayed in Kent with a few dashes to areas where I had friends--or, in the case of the Lake District, romantic poetic desires.). But isn't that Robin Hood 's supposed area?? (you see how little I know). Good luck, and do keep posting if you can.
Post a Comment