I've essentially just been getting on with things lately. I realised the other day that I haven't attempted to do anything related to what I want to do career wise, and then I tried to think why. The reason that came to mind was that I'd been too busy just living each day and not thinking any further ahead. I'd always wanted to live like that, but now I think I realise it doesn't really get you anywhere.
I sat down the other week and began some web design, which I haven't done since I moved here. It all comes down to how I feel. I'm more creative when I'm feeling a little blue. Before I moved I felt like I was stuck in a rut so I was really trying to get somewhere. Then when I moved everything was new and different. After a few months I guess the boredom of my job set in and a couple of other factors, so again I pick up the old habits.
Yet now I'm back to just living each day again, I'm meeting new people and doing new things. It takes away that sense of boredom which apparently I need to get myself anywhere. Unless I just need some self discipline to set some goals and acheive them. I guess I just need to find a happy medium.
// song at time of writing: Shooting up in vain - Eagle Eye Cherry
Saturday, September 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment