I do like things to be just so. I'm a bit annoying when it comes to things like that, I guess you could say I'm my mother's daughter.
For instance today I went to buy a new diary (I started out on the mid-year ones, now I can't get out of it), but of course I want a particular type. There wasn't any on the shelf so I asked the lady in the shop, she said they'd just had a new delivery and went to have a look. Needless to say when she returned they didn't have the sort I wanted. I shall probably make a dedicated trip just so I can get this one sort. Is that crazy? There were others there that would have served just as well.
Sometimes I truely know what I want, but that can only be said for the simple things in life. Nothing of any real importance.
// song at time of writing: Time Bomb - The Format
Friday, June 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
But--if you know what you want in the simple things in life, it is quite possible you will discover what you want in the larger things as well.
I admire your dedication in seeking precisely the right diary--I'm kind of your opposite in that--I'd love beautiful blank journals, and do sometimes find them--but failing that I'll make do with anything handy. Lots of those speckled black and white exercise books (do you have them in England? Here students use them for class assignments and such). Some account books. Some books with really horrid covers, which I usually cover with something else.
Nice to see a new post from you!
If you have the worry to spend on such trivial things then take stock that ye life must be fairly plain sailing.
but yes, You are crazy.
I hope you are finding what you want, and what you like in life! I just read some old, old letters from my grandfather, who was stationed in England during the first world war. He also visited Scotland, which he greatly liked (and felt upset that he didn't get to go to France to fight--he was fixing airplanes in England, and then the war ended.) I think it might have been a blessing--because had he been sent to France he might well have died there.
And then where would I be?!
Post a Comment