On the calender we have:
- 12th May - Work Meal
13th May - Dave Matthews Acoustic, Birmingham
20th/21st May - London to Brighton Mini Run
23rd May - Josh Rouse, Rescue Rooms
26th May - Jason Mraz, Rock City
3rd June - Goo Goo Dolls, Brixton
// song at time of writing: Mona Lisa - Guster
4 comments:
Sounds like a very busy schedule! As to the need for reassurance--I don't know, but I do know that when people (even those I love dearly) need it most I get most annoyed (and then think I am a really awful person)
What is it about reassurance that is so annoying though? And is there a way to overcome it? How comes some people are content enough to not need it and others rely solely on the opinions of others? Is it a reflection of how secure someone feels or merely a comfort thing?
Mostly rhetorical questions, but if you have answers then I'm all ears hehe.
Defo a fear of the unknown right there. I used to get like it getting on trains. Thats not so much an opinion more a quest for knowledge.
Being reasured is differnet from relying on someone's opinion. the former is a comfort thing to validate your own thoughts. The later is the abandonment of even considering your own opinion and following like a sheep.
I think if you get hung up on making decisions then it can also be a fear of failing or the unknown. If you dont though you'll never learn anything or gain confidence since we learn generally as a species by trial and error.
If you dont make a stand be it the right or the wrong one and just seek advise from other's you just end up lost.
There's a difference between needing reassurance (or at least pats on the back and murmurs of "okay, it's okay, you are doing the right thing"--and being asked to give reassurance.
Sometimes I am very good at reassuring my kids or my partner, but there's that side of me that is all crisp and "oh, for goodness sakes, don't bother me" (it is not the side of me I like best, believe me).
Partly it's the...okay, I'll tell you once or twice you are doing okay, or your work is excellent--but keep badgering me and I feel under siege. Hey, I already TOLD you it was okay. (and then I say something like that in an annoyed voice and undo the first two reassurances. Sigh.)
Needing reassurance: well, we all need, from time to time, the sense that we are appreciated, and that people notice the good things we do, and aren't too put out by the stupid things we do.
In my own life I have found as I've gotten older I've seemed to rely less and less on the reassurance of others (but sometimes I do still want it).
And it's okay.
How goes it there amongst your busy schedule, in your new place???
Post a Comment