Wow, it's been a while. Apologies for my absence, and for my empty promises.
So I've been living here in Nottingham for over a month now - needless to say I still don't really know the place that well. It seems that now I've moved to a place that has things in it, I spend my weekends going elsewhere, or at least that's how it feels.
Having a full-time job is a little bit different to only doing 14 hours a week. It's taking some getting used to, but I think I'm on top of it. Plus the hours are 8.30 - 4.30 which means I get a nice long evening (even if I do have to get up that little bit earlier). However, not so sure about the joining of the rat race. It's weird seeing the same people walking to work each morning, and walking back from work each afternoon - never quite sure whether or not to say hello, or maybe even just smile.
There's been good times, there's been bad times, there's been amazing times. And I'm pretty sure there will be plenty more over the next year.
It's my birthday on Wednesday. I'm not so sure I want to be 23, does that mean I have to grow up and become slightly more responsible? Definitely not ready for that one yet.
// song at time of writing: Caring Is Creepy - The Shins
Monday, April 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy birthday!! No, you do not have to grow up and become responsible. (I haven't, and I am much older than you--I have a daughter who turned 21 on April 3) (ah, would that she could find full time work--but yes, it must be an adjustment).
I'm glad there are some amazing moments for you.
Post a Comment